Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fantasy May Long Weekend Date

Breathtaking scenery at the Hotel Du Cap Eden Roc
Photo: www.hotel-du-cap-eden-roc.com

Since I had a very mellow May Long weekend, I am imagining what I would have done this weekend if dear husband did not have to work and had we won that LottoMax jackpot- btw, a high school classmate of mine won that $50 million this past weekend. Congratulations, Tim!

Last time the occasion for my getaway was a Valentine's Day date. This time I am totally inspired by the 65th Cannes Film Festival that is underway, so of course the location will be the southern Cap d'Antibes, right between Cannes and Nice.

First off, the dress I absolutely love- has just been worn by actress and Cannes Grand Opening Hostess, Berenice Bejo. I am working really hard trying to identify the designer of this dress and I am running out of resources. Even Vogue, Harpers Bazaar UK, and WWD have not identified it! Harper's Bazaar merely decribed it as a pretty white polka dot dress. Err, I'm at a loss. Garance Dore captured a beautiful photo of her in it at the Trophee Chopard event in Cannes:


Shailene Woodley in a Jason Wu dress and Berenice Bejo in that "pretty white polka dot" dress
Photo: www.garancedore.com
Please do check out her blog for more beautiful photos from Cannes.
The blossomed collar, delicate polka dots, and even though I can't see the bottom- I can imagine the flowiness of the skirt below a cinched waist. It would just perfect for dinner at the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc, where we would be staying. And who would not want to stay in a room with a view like this:


Suite at the Hotel Du Cap
Photo: www.hotel-du-cap-eden-roc.com

Alexander McQueen heels, $1940
Available at net-a-porter.com
Dining around the local beautiful and quaint French restaurants would be amazing, but one's got to have a dinner at Eden Roc's restaurant terrasse. I hear the spinach risotto is the best there! I'd definitely say if you have the means to splurge, book some time at the famous Eden Roc. And since we'd be there during the Cannes Film Fest, I'd keep a look out for my French hunk, Guillaume Canet and the my girl crush, the ever-so-luminous Marion Cotillard.

Oh yes, to complete the outfit, I found some jeweled Alexander McQueen heels and a red Chanel clutch! Ahh... time to wake up and face the reality- my lasagna's burning in the oven!
Chanel snakeskin clutch
Photo: www.chanel.com



No comments:

Post a Comment